From March 24-April 3, 2019, a squad of 18 pax from the Washington International School in Morocco embarked on an unforgettable experience in Morocco. As a Global Health Squad the group volunteered in the community of Azrou, located in the picturesque Middle Atlas Mountains. They stayed at our private and safe home base accommodations where our local and professional staff provide all transportation, food, lodging, and activities. As a Global Health Squad, they partnered with the ‘Ecole Fatima Al Fihria’ to provide volunteer support and healthcare workshops at the school. As well as working in the classroom, they will also help complete infrastructure enrichment projects such as wash stations, educational murals, and enjoyed recreational activities with the students. Each afternoon was filled with cultural activities like: cooking lessons, lectures on Islam, and excursions to the oldest cedar forest in Morocco. On the weekend the group experienced an incredible camel trek in the Sahara desert and spent the night eating and sleeping in sultan’s tents under the stars. The group also toured the medina’s of World Heritage city Fez before departing.
- An Unforgettable Experience with the Washington International School
- 7 New Life Experiences You Can Try With Squads Abroad
- The Turning Winds Experience: Squads Abroad Trip To Greece
- International Impact with Squads Abroad and the Boulder Soccer Girls
- 6 Destinations: Where to Make an Impact With Squads Abroad